Sunday, January 20, 2013

Deployment Journal - Day #191

These are the two photos I sent to Husband after I found he told me that our mystery plumbing valves are out in a closet, in our garage.  Counter-intuitive, no?  I mean, I'm not a plumber, but I can't think of a less logical place to put a lever that needs to be rapidly accessed to stop massive flooding.  Heh.

So thankful for digital photos, and the ability for him to coach me from 7000+ miles away, via email.

r


Now, first I couldn't figure out how to turn the little diamond-shaped valve.  Turns out, there's a unique tool you have to use.  

Husband knew about the tool.  

Second, the valves are mislabeled.  (The "Bath No 2" valve does NOT connect to Bathroom #2.  Furthermore, the "Master Bath Toilet" does not connect to our Master Toilet, because we don't have a Master Bathroom.  =)  Nor does the "Master Bath Toilet" valve connect to the bathroom nearest, or even on the same floor, as our Master Bedroom.  Ironic, eh?) 

Husband didn't know about the inaccurate labels.

I'm totally going to write on the wall in permanent marker. Kindly spare future inhabitants some of our grief.

... I finally got the toilet valve closed which means the leaking finally stopped for the first time in four days.  Hallelujah.  I ate a Haagan Daas bar, and started a load of sopping, messy towels.  Soon they will be clean and fluffy again.  And eventually, my toilet will work again, too.  The repairman will come.  Someday.  I have faith.

I'm officially paranoid about ever renting a one-bathroom house, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment