Saturday, January 19, 2013

Deployment Journal - Day #190

We're slowly crawling to our feet again.  We've slept a little, eaten a little, cleaned a little, unpacked a little.  Nothing is done, but most of it is started.  It is slow progress with a little one, I tell you.  Her favorite game is removing items.  We're working on putting them back where they belong - clearly, the less interesting game for both of us.


I've set the smoke detectors off four times in a week.  Pretty sure it's their fault, not mine.  Every time they go off, there is no smoke - just hot oil, usually sauteing veggies.

Today, when I was frying bacon, they went off.  I promptly turned off the burner, threw open doors and windows, then rushed towards the smoke detector with a towel in my hand and Baby on my hip.

I waved and jumped and flung that towel back and forth, trying to make the incessant screeching beeping stop.

And Little One guffawed like you wouldn't believe.  She wanted her own towel to wave.  I gave her one.

Cutest tiny mimic on earth, that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment