Friday, October 19, 2012

Deployment Journal - Day #97


I'm not normally much of a bathroom products person.  But recently, I was given a basket of goodies, made by a bunch of sweet, elderly ladies who faithfully pray for and make baskets for military wives.  And in my basket was a tiny bottle of shower gel.

I hadn't showered in four days.  It's been a really tough week.  And when I'm not showering for multiple days, I'm definitely not sleeping either (because showering often outranks sleeping, in my economy). 

You cling to bizarre, little things.  Like the sensation of running water, while rinsing dishes.  The feeling of flat, cold, smooth doorknobs.  The comfort of resting your head on the toilet paper roll for a fleeting moment, before standing back up. 

And pleasant scents.  I must have sniffed this bottle (Coconut Lime!) three dozen times before I made it to the shower later than night.  And that shower was wonderful.  Thank God for those ladies.  If only they understood how much this did for me!

... maybe they do.  In fact, they must.  They were pnce young moms, wives of deployed husbands, rarely managing to a shower. 

Just like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment