Saturday, August 4, 2012

Deployment Journal - Days #18-21

Super sick.  So sick.  May God bless the neighbor who brought me soup, and the friend who left a "Get Well Soon" care package (magazines, canned goods, juice) on my porch, and the neighbor who rolled my trash can back from the street so I wouldn't get a nastygram from the Base Inspectors (who are crazy sticklers about the "No trash cans on the street after 6 p.m." rule)  God bless everyone who offered sympathy.  But man.  I'm sick.  Ridiculously sick.  

I would have caved and gone to the hospital and demanded drugs, except by the third day, when I realized I was losing this battle to whatever evil virus this is, it was Friday night so my doctor was at home grilling burgers, no doubt, and I would have to go to ER, and (a) I didn't feel like exposing Baby to whatever super-evil germs are there and (b) I know enough about medicine to know that they can't do much to help me through a virus, other than attaching me to an IV for another 48-72 hours... which I considered requesting, but the logistics of ever breastfeeding around an IV again were a severe disincentive.

So.  We're still at home. Quarantined.  I have a ghastly cough now, and no voice, (Zero. You cannot hear me. I am less audible than a slowly-leaking tire.) which completely freaks Baby out.  I feel so bad for her.  She keeps crying and tugging on my mouth, as if to say, "Speak to me, Momma!  This is so weird, having you silent!"

... the only upside of this may be that I let her play the piano for the first time.  And she LOVED it.  Maybe just because it was noise.  But still.  She seems to love music, which warms my heart.  May she always enjoy it.

And I'm off to take my 3rd shower of the day now.  Pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment