Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Deployment Journal - Day #17

Tonight, I got sick.  Very sick.  Like, at dinnertime, I was fine.  By 7:30, I felt like I'd been poisoned.  But, with the deadly kind of poison, not the nauseating kind.  A violent headache morphed into staggering body-wide agony.  I suddenly couldn't swallow, I couldn't turn my head, my muscles seized up, and I had a fever.  A bad fever.

Wee little daughter hasn't been happy the last few days, (maybe she's been fighting a bug - or maybe it's teething - hard to tell) so naturally, I haven't been sleeping much - but this virus feels wicked.  Not your average headcold/flu that you pick up when your immune system is tired.  

So.  I'm going to bed.  With a water bottle and the Costco-sized bottle of Ibupofen.  Wish me well...

No comments:

Post a Comment