Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Deployment Journal - Day #31

It's amazing how much better others' food tastes.  A sweet neighbor, also-currently-husband-less, invited me over for supper tonight.  Bless her.  Virgin Margaritas and taco salad raised morale at least 8 points.  

Rianna needed her evening catnap, so we couldn't stay long - but, one weightless hour, free of responsibility, was perfect.

* * *

Pre-trip stress is rising.  I keep thinking of new things that must be done before we leave, but I haven't gotten through the old things yet.  I know we'll get out the door somehow, but will I forget to empty the trash and leave if to stink for a month?  Or maybe the dishwasher will mold, like it did before when we left it shut.  I have to remember to give the garage door opener and keys to separate neighbors.  Not like that will take very long.  Maybe ten minutes.  But, it all takes ten minutes.  Hundred of ten-minute things.  Pretty sure the minutes exceed the hours I have left.  

But, I'm still so sick; I just keep sleeping, trying to get well, making new lists, and doing small portions, ever adding more...

No comments:

Post a Comment