Monday, August 13, 2012

Deployment Journal - Day #30

Laid low today.  Rather scared of everything; I might break it, or it might break me.  No, seriously.

So I cautiously stuck to laundry, gardening, cleaning, napping, cooking, and trying to pack.  And gradually shutting down the house, and filling out forms, and calculating exactly how many cloth diapers/wash cycles of diapers are required to last until our departure, at 5 a.m. in the morning - when we'll switch to disposable diapers.  (Fellow Cloth-Diaperers, you know this math problem.)

Yes.  I'm feeling very overwhelmed about leaving in a few days.  I was trying to be all chill about it.  I was doing alright, too.  Pacing myself, making lists, trusting that it would "all get done" (somehow - who knows how.)  But now, I'm alternating between hysterical ambition and hopeless exhaustion.  Hourly.

... I think I'll be ok when (if?) I (ever?) get some sleep again.  So, here's to another couch nap.  Mmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment