Sunday, August 12, 2012

Deployment Journal - Day #29

I took a friend with me today, as I re-attempted yesterday's errands.  We did get the box mailed.  Hoorah.  We did not get the tithe check dropped off; they were closed.  (It's a small town.)  I was hoping that another adult's presence in the car would break my streak of bad luck, but this was untrue on multiple counts.  

After leaving the church parking lot, we decided to try the Thai food trailer (everyone raves about their food - but the trailer looks scary) for lunch.  Turns out we needed cash.  (Again, small town - credit/debit card machines haven't made it over the river yet...) So, we went hunting for cash.

One hour and three stops later, (VERY small town - "Dem newfangled ATM machines is of the DEVIL!") we had cash.  

We returned to the Thai trailer.  

It was closed.  For cleaning.  For three hours.

At least, this time, I had a colleague to laugh with me about it.  We bought overpriced Chinese food instead.  That was a mistake.  My chicken alone had a cup of oil attached to it.  Not even going to think about the rice.  We may never digest anything ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment