Thursday, July 19, 2012

Deployment Journal - Day #5

So. I went back to the city today.  Yes, the same one we went to yesterday.

I know, I felt insane.  But, seriously, there was a good reason. 

Kinda. 

See, yesterday, I tried to turbo-shop Macy's.  That was futile. 

Picture with me: Careening a bag-laden stroller - while politely smiling - between sauntering retirees, trying to beat Baby's late afternoon nap deadline, spinning the stroller round and round, pushing it back and forth, playing peek-a-boo with clothing racks, then setting her on a blanket on the floor and hysterically thumbing through about ten clearance items before she scoots off...

Lather, rinse, repeat.

It timed out after about twenty minutes. 

In the meantime, I found several items that I totally would have purchased - 'cept for their price.  Horrid prices.  So, I exercised self-control, and wheeled my squalling babe to the car, and headed home.

This morning, feeling a tad sulky, I went to Macys.com.  And what do you know?  They're having a One-Day Sale.  50% off everything.  I nearly threw something. 

Do you have any idea how hard it was for us to---?!

After a few seconds of mental sputtering, I reasoned:  Well, today I don't need to go to Costco.  Or anywhere else, for that matter.  So if I were ok with using the gas, I'd have alot more time and flexibility to browse today...

Thanks to my laziness, the diaper bag and other necessities were still setting out.  Or in the car, for that matter.  So off we went... again.

And as guilty as I felt, thirty miles later, I knew it was a good decision.  Incredibly spontaneous for me.  The day was admittedly somewhat inconvenient, cumbersome, and inefficient - tho' we improved our methods from yesterday.

And guess what, people?  Day #5 = Done.

... Who knows when we'll go again.  No predictions this time.  But, we're getting pretty sick of Burger King, so next time I'm bringing my own snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment