Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Deployment Journal - Day #3


Ok, nevermind.  Today, I crashed.  It started with an enthusiastic to plant my carefully-nurtured, sprouting yam in the garden.  My yam has been living, half submerged, in a jar of water for weeks now, and is finally shooting out these amazing leaves and massive root webs.  I was super excited to plant it, to cheer myself up.  So, I Googled how to plant my leafing yam and was promptly informed that now I need to remove the sprouts from the yam, and get them to grow their own roots.

But, that'll take weeks!  It's already mid-summer! 

Thus, began my crummy day.  Adrenaline is depleted, Baby is fussy, I'm bored.

Well, not really properly bored; I'm procrastinating.  I have plenty of projects that I was dying to work on these last several months.  Now that I have tons of time, I couldn't be less motivated.  Go figure.  Yesterday, I tried to catch up on designing photo books, but that involved sorting thru large quantities of sentimental pictures, which doesn't sound appealing today.  I could clean, but the house is already about 85% tidy and that's good enough for me.  I could file all those papers piling on the counter but, well, I'm kinda used to them being there now... they can stay for another week.  Maybe by then, I'll be my normal OCD self again.

I try eating food, but that doesn't help. I call home, but they're busy with life and as much as they try to chat with me, I can tell I'm interrupting their day.  We take a walk, and that helps a little.  A friend comes to visit, and that helps alot.  But, as soon as she leaves, the dreariness was as bad as before she came... Dangit.

A friend once told me, "Some days, it's easier to endure being fired from your dream job than to handle eight consecutive paper cuts."  Today was one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment