Monday, July 16, 2012

Deployment Journal - Day #2

Doing better than I expected today.  Feeling competent.  Still feeling hollow inside, but all done crying now.

Well actually, doing laundry makes me teary; I washed the last of his clothes left in our hamper, and felt deeply sad knowing he won't be wearing them again for a long time.  I left his shirts hanging in the laundry room, just like usual.  It weakened the aura of transition.

Staying very busy.  Weeding the yard, hoeing the garden, IMing friends, cleaning out the fridge.  Went to the library.  Got a haircut.  Hosted a girlfriend for dinner.  Took a walk twice today.  Grateful for tea.

Highlight of the day: Remembering to put out the trash, and sort the recycled bin.  Felt rather proud of my ability to manage it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment