Monday, July 30, 2012

Deployment Journal - Day #16


Why yes, I do eat grapes for dinner.  More than are pictured here, so rest easy.  There are very few upsides to deployments, but among the list of semi-comforts is my suddenly freedom to eat random meals without anyone knowing.  

Well, 'cept I'm honest and might blog about them.  But, I don't have to tell/show anyone. Which is new, and kinda fun.  To be fair, Husband is a nice fellow, and wouldn't mind if we ate more random meals even when he was here - it's only my ego that prefers a protein+starch+veggie+sweet plate, in varied, picturesque colors.  Like a magazine.  (Yes.  I am pathetically susceptible to the marketing claim that life can, in fact, look like a magazine if you only try buy enough...)

But, in addition to being random, I also have the freedom to eat intermittently - or sparsely - or in the middle of the night.  Which wouldn't work normally, because Husband is not only a man, but also an athlete, and thus needs at least a certain (large) amount of calories, at regular (frequent) intervals.  

So, while it's rather sad to eat hummus with crackers and toast with Nutella for supper, I'm trying to enjoy it.  It is admittedly novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment