Friday, February 1, 2013

Deployment Journal - Day #203


Between our impending move (ok, fine - we still have months, but it feels impending), Husband's imminent return, and an overdue desire to declutter, I've been in full-out purging mode lately.  The reason we are still-not-quite-unpacked is because I substituted "putting clothes away in closets/drawers" with "oh, let's just clean out that closet/drawer before I put more in it."

Dumb?  Maybe.  Still not sure.  But, there are piles EVERYWHERE.  And Little One LOVES destroying my piles. Can you blame her?  SUPER fun to toss fifty or so items over your shoulder and then fall backwards into them.  

And now, we have a deadline - I really don't want the house to be this messy for Husband's return.  Oh, and we lack a vacuum.  Not that it exactly matters, since the carpet is covered by piles.  But, for some reason, lacking a vacuum feels immense.

So, I went to the BX to finally buy a new one... and I came home with this cute, little pitcher.  (See above.)  It was marked down from $20 to $2.  That's about my margin for purchasing unnecessary extras, so I totally bought it.  And set it next to my yet-unpacked box of delivered-to-my-door fruit/vegetables.  In lieu of cleanliness, it makes me happy.

And I've used a ton of hyphens in this post.  Hmm.  Well.... yay for hyphens.

No comments:

Post a Comment