Saturday, January 26, 2013

Deployment Journal - Day #197

I feel much more in control of life at certain moments.  Like when my sink is empty.  And when I'm pulling out of the driveway, with snacks and toys and supplies and a happy child, on time.  Or when I'm methodically vacuuming the carpet.


* * *

Heath bars are amazing.  I'd totally forgotten them until I ate a Daim bar (roughly the Swedish equivalent) at World Market the other day.  And then, I rushed to the BX, and bought a whole bag of teeny-tiny Heath bars.  Heh.


* * *

Watching old TV shows (Dick van Dyke, I Love Lucy, Andy Griffith) make me feel insecure.  How DO those women keep such perpetually clean living rooms?!


* * *

I'm so grateful for voicemail.  And hot showers.  And that Little One survived her test-babysitting (only ten minutes of crying, and then she settled.)  And I got to fill up our gas tank without a crying baby.  Also, for naps.  And chapstick.  And waterproof boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment