Monday, January 14, 2013

Deployment Journal - Day #185

I realized something about myself today.  Relief makes me like things.  Even somewhat irrationally.

Oh, Burger King!  How I love you, tho' you be the sole source of drive-thru food for miles!

My trashcan liners!  MINE! Here, I will put a new one in MY trashcan!  THERE!  I love lining trash cans!!!

Stairs!  Climbing stairs is the BEST.  Hauling suitcases up them is fun, too!  YAY!  We're hauling, we're hauling, we're hauling, we're hauling!

Isn't it AMAZING to be HOME, Little One?!

Conversely, fear makes me dislike things that I would otherwise really enjoy.

Like classroom learning.  And marriage.  And parties.  And trying new things.  Like rockclimbing and sardines.

When, for whatever reason, fear levels are lower, I like everything more.  Proportionally so.  Thus, when fear levels are nill - say, I'm back in my own house with my own space and my own schedule and my own choices and no one observing or judging me... I'm elated.  It feels like I can do life again.

It's amazing to be home.


No comments:

Post a Comment