Sunday, August 19, 2012

Deployment Journal - Day #36

Just trying to get out the door.  It feels like there are a million details to shutting down a house.

If I don't leave the trash completely empty, it will rot for a month!  If I don't clean out the disposal, it will reek by the time we get back!  Must empty refrigerator, too, but not starve self in final hours.  Very tired of drive-thru food besides.  And if I don't ration the diapers just right, we won't have enough disposable ones for traveling - and I won't have time to wash/dry the cloth ones the morning we leave, which is BEFORE 5 a.m.!!!  (What was I thinking...?!)  

And how to pack for fryingly hot Arizona, mellow South Dakota, and damp/cool Vancouver, plus formal/cute clothes, baby equipment (speakers for her iPod, special blankies/stuffed animals/all in one suitcase, sling, letters authorizing her travel, etc) and (this was dumb -->) Christmas gifts?!  (Yes, I really didn't want to ship things.  I'm a tightwad)

I sense the invisible clock, ticking incessantly.  I want to get together with a few friends before leaving.  I want to have another box sent to Husband, and I'm finalizing DVD's for that one - not a quick project.  I want to consign those clothes that are piled in the hallway... One last doctor appointment.  One last walk with a neighbor.  Sure, all these are negotiable, but since I'm not out of time yet, I'm still attempting to do them.  All.  

Silly me.

No comments:

Post a Comment