Saturday, August 18, 2012

Deployment Journal - Day #35

Salt and sugars.  Doritoes and Oreos.  Milk in one glass, Martinelli's in the other.  Spoonfuls of Spaghetti-O's in between bites of peppermint bark.

You'd think I was pregnant.  With twins.

... May I never again judge my neighbors' confessions of eating bizarrely during deployments.

* * *

Nights and weekends are still hardest.  Feels like my days are all the same.  And the hours.  They're identical.  And endless. 

I rotate through the same thoughts, the same chores, the same phone numbers.  This must be why solitary confinement works.  An uneventful life combined with deep loneliness is oppressive.

* * *

Happy News: We figured out how to rig Husband's Google Talk account so that I can call and leave him voicemails.  And chatter.  For minutes and minutes and minutes.  And he receives an email with the recording of my chatter.

Ohmygosh, I can talk to him again!  For more than bits of time, (interspersed with constant disconnections/reconnections) when we primarily need to churn through financial, scheduling, and "where did you leave the spare key?" questions.  I think this might work.  

I totally left him three voicemails in a row, despite having almost nothing to say.  YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment