Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Deployment Journal - Day #25


Going to bed has never been my thing.  I'm a true night owl; typically, I find myself crawling in bed about 90 minutes after saying, "Ok, I'm going to bed now - REALLY, I am this time."  

And I entered this deployment consciously, perhaps cockily, opposed to being one of those wives who "just can't sleep" without her husband, yet who whine about being exhausted all the time.  

But, it's true.  It is much harder.  I try not to whine about a situation I am largely creating myself, but the stress, the dreams, the emotions don't help any.  (Tip: Ibuprofen does help.)  Less than the actual challenge of falling/staying asleep is my struggle to walk up those stairs.  To turn off the lights.  To brush my teeth alone, and get in bed, read my Bible, and lay down.  

Honestly, I'd rather Google all night.  Facebook and Foxnews get boring around midnight, but Google is always there for me.  

"Uses for citric acid."  
"Crafts to do with leftover glass bottles."  
"Word of the Day."  
"Weather in Maldives."  

Oh yes, and Pinterest!  Pinterest is always there for me, too, at all hours when I ought to be sleeping.  I just keep hitting the down arrow, again, and again, and again...

And this is how websites make addicts.

No comments:

Post a Comment