Monday, July 23, 2012

Deployment Journal - Day #9


Today's Best Moments
- My baby's reaction to discovering grass.  Her little brain just burst into happy fireworks.
- Getting out and taking a long walk.  Go me.
- Painting my toenails.  It was worth the loss of sleep.

Today's Self-Talk
- You won't want to do this (chore/task) any more in an hour/a day/a week.  So... just do it now.
- Tidy something.  Email someone.  Turn on music.  Keep plodding.  Pick up those toys.  See?  You're doing this!

Today's Accomplishments
- Consigned more clothes; this is a long and arduous process in rural America, but I make money for cleaning my closet, sooo...
- Clipping all of Baby's finger/toenails in a single day.  Do you have any idea how hard this is?
- Began packing Husband's first box of treats!
- House is clean, diapers are washed/dried/stuffed, yard is within regulations, I'm caught up on email, we're fed...

Today's Contradiction
- Feeling all proud of myself for successfully doing simple tasks.  Then, feeling dumb for feeling proud.  Heh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment