Monday, February 14, 2011

Oh Happy Day

Today is grey and windy, bleak and demoralizing.  It's 55 degrees currently, which, bizarrely enough, feels much colder than the pleasant 30-degree days we had last week.  Go figure.  People are huddled in their homes, loitering in the common buildings, irritably purchasing last-minute Valentines' flowers, and fervently wishing this week were over.

I feel it, too.  Husband is working another 15 hour day today, and (come to think of it) every day this week. Sinking is instinctive, amidst the lonely dimness here.  To dwell on what I don't have - to mope rather than improve.  To waste time instead of be proactive and productive.  But, I'm a rebel.  So here's my happy list.  And then, I'm going to go clean house, darnit.  And listen to Adventures in Odyssey.  And make dinner, for when he eventually comes home.

- A fresh, new haircut
- Sweet notes from my husband
- Affordable curtains
- Fun, chunky jewelry
- Decor possibilities
- Hairspray
- Bean and Cheese Burritos
- Concealer
- Borrowed cars
- Hand-me-downs from PCSing families
- Completed laundry
- Socks
- Cheerful blogs
- Hot Soup
- Google
- Our freezer
- My singing chipmunk, who makes me grin, no matter what

No comments:

Post a Comment