Friday, February 25, 2011

I might be grumpy if--

I've realized that I am often grumpy for extremely quantifiable (and preventable) reasons.  Here are my top three...

I might be grumpy because:

(1)  I tried to cheer someone up, and they totally didn't notice.  Or I did a nice deed, but someone disregarded me (and my deed) utterly.  I reached out emotionally, and got slapped.  OR someone else is grumpy, and I can't figure out how to cheer them.  And so, I'm now sulking bitterly, and have vowed never again to waste my energy on selfish human beings.

(2)  I haven't been adequately productive.  I procrastinated; I didn't tackle that neglected, undesirable, looming task.  Maybe I browsed Facebook for an hour, claiming a right to have "downtime."  Maybe I just ignored parts of my to-do list.  Bottom line:  I somehow wasted time today, and I don't want to admit it, but I know it - and I feel it keenly.

(3)  I need light, or warmth, or food, or sound.  Sometimes it takes me hours to realize I'm working in a dark room, or to walk upstairs and put on warm socks, or to heat up a bowl of soup - because I'm "busy."  And often, I just need sound.  Music.  A background video.  Radio.  Sound makes a world of difference for me, and puts me into "productive" mode, which assists in avoiding Reason #2 (see above).

How about you?  What curable things cause your grumpy moments?

No comments:

Post a Comment