Friday, October 5, 2012

Deployment Journal - Day #83

Today was the 2nd day in a row that I drove the 100 miles to our nearest "city" - on the hunt for a Craigslist possibility for Husband.  I truly didn't mind the interruption to our normal schedule, tho' it did monopolize both days.  But, I did mind that the deal didn't pan out.  I felt sulky.  Sad.  Especially sad I would have to tell hopeful Husband that the item wasn't what we thought it would be.  It would have been such a great deal - totally worth the $40.00 in gas.

But, I was oh so grateful for the kind bystanders who politely sided with me against said Craigslist seller.  There are nice people left in this world. 

And I was cheered by the sidetrip through Costco, and the chance to return a pair of ill-fitting pants to the only LOFT around (and thus save on return-shipping), and how effortlessly and pleasantly I got us out the door when flakely Craigslist seller suddenly called my cell phone and wanted to meet in two hours (I live over an hour away, and - hello - I have a baby!) just when I was about to put Precious Daughter down for her nap.  Wait, weren't we supposed to meet in two days?  Well, yes but if you don't meet me now, I'll just sell the item to my friend standing right here, HAHA.


So, off we went.  Juice and protein bars. 

And after all this, I was innovative when a restaurant caught on fire across from my parked car, and naturally I couldn't drive away, (or even sit inside my car) so I found a Maternity Boutique a block over, and fed Baby in their dressing room.  Score.  We also played, and crawled, and got some wiggles out.  Whew!  Poor kid wasn't meant to spend this much time sitting.

Thus, I was feeling a mixture of pride and weariness when I finally folded up the stroller, threw bags in thr trunk, slipped into the driver's seat and... Saw a parking ticket on my windshield.  For my ten-minutes-expired meter.  And I nearly swore. 

Oh, the injustice.  IT WASN'T MY FAULT THE FIRETRUCK BOXED ME IN!

You think the judge will believe me?

No comments:

Post a Comment