Friday, August 10, 2012

Deployment Journal - Day #27

Would you believe I'm still sick?  Like, you know how during a normal virus, you have one day that is worse than all the others, and after that day, you start to get better?  Well, we've been in that "one, last, worst day" for a week now.

Yesterday, the doctor glanced at me, a bit concerned - I'm voiceless now, so the interview portion of Daughter's exam was at first difficult, and then extremely brief, as we all gave up entirely trying to communicate with me - and he inquired, "Do you lose your voice often?"  I shook my head no, smiling eagerly in an effort to assure him that I didn't have any such conspicuous symptoms of throat cancer or other evil diseases noted for their muting effect.  

And then, I started coughing uncontrollably.  Awkward.  He handed me a tissue.

Conveniently, he's also our neighbor (welcome to the military) so he knows I'm not often this sick, or sick at all for that matter.  He'd know if I was.  His wife would tell him.  It's a small base.

I'm trying to just lie low, take a million showers, and not be impatient.  But, I'm starting to wonder how many more 3 a.m. episodes of Gilmore Girls I can tolerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment