Friday, July 13, 2012

Paragraphs Between Girls

Copied from a Facebook message exchange...

* * *Did I sound upbeat? Haha, I'm sorry - I must have been primly whitewashing my true sentiments. =) Or maybe, at 10:00 this morning, life looked rosier to me. That's likely, actually. I was on a productive roll, eight hour ago.

Now, it's 6:26 p.m., Daughter is shrieking (AKA: not napping) upstairs, and I'm emailing Craigslist people in search of a washer - but only a washer; no dryer necessary. (Why do people only ever sell washers/dryers in sets? Are we really that odd? Does everyone else in the whole world buy things in sets? Who can even afford that?! Does nobody else BUDGET?! Because we do! ... which begs the question, why didn't we think to create a spare-sub-savings account for replacing major appliances.?! Ahhh! I am so bad at life!!! Why is my husband never home when I need him?! Etc.)

Thank the Lord, a merciful handyman (who works near here) stopped by and diagnosed the issue, for about 1/4 of what every other repairman would have charged (for an hour's deconstruction of my washing machine) and priced the parts, and helped me conclude that it's not cost-effective to replace them, on such an old washer. So, I ought to be grateful.


I actually was grateful. At one point. I think it was around 4:00 p.m.

But now, I'm grumpy at Craigslist, and wondering if I was wrong to put Baby down for a nap now after all...? And I missed the breastfeeding meeting that I was going to attend (repairman was here late) – when I had bundled myself and Baby up and driven to the building, no one was there. *sigh* Figures. I was kinda hoping for some adult socialization, but really - I'm fine - not like I'm going to die here in my living room. I have Craigslist, after all.

And I'm totally venting to you. *chuckle* Sorry...

No comments:

Post a Comment